About the puritans

Plaats reactie
Arja
Contacteer:

About the puritans

Bericht door Arja »

The Puritan film

PURITAN: All of Life to the Glory of God | Official Trailer 2

The film comes as part of a Deluxe Edition box set containing 34 weeks of Sunday School / Small group lessons on video with an accompanying workbook, a beautiful gift edition book from Joel Beeke and Michael Reeves, two mini documentaries in the special features, and more.

Link: https://puritandocumentary.com/
Herman

Re: About the puritans

Bericht door Herman »

Can anyone recommend me some puritan or scottish titels in easy english?

i want to try better reading and speaking the english language, so i want to read one hour a day in english.

i just read 'Knowing God' form J.I. Packer; the most of it was the right level for me.
Arja
Contacteer:

Bericht door Arja »

Herman schreef:Can anyone recommend me some puritan or scottish titels in easy english?

i want to try better reading and speaking the english language, so i want to read one hour a day in english.

i just read 'Knowing God' form J.I. Packer; the most of it was the right level for me.

The Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers & Devotions
By: Arthur Bennett

(ik heb hem dubbel)
J.C. Philpot

Bericht door J.C. Philpot »

Whitefield is very readable as well.
Man is nothing: he hath a free will to go to hell, but none to go to heaven, till God worketh in him to will and to do of His good pleasure.

George Whitefield
Herman

Bericht door Herman »

And what about The fourfold state, writen by Thomas Boston? Is there an edition in actual English?

He is strictly not a puritan, but still readable.
J.C. Philpot

Herman schreef:And what about The fourfold state, writen by Thomas Boston? Is there an edition in actual English?

Didn't you buy yourself an e-reader some time ago? If that's the case, you can download it here for free: https://www.monergism.com/human-nature- ... fold-state
Man is nothing: he hath a free will to go to hell, but none to go to heaven, till God worketh in him to will and to do of His good pleasure.

George Whitefield
Maanenschijn

Bericht door Maanenschijn »

J.C. Philpot schreef:
Herman schreef:And what about The fourfold state, writen by Thomas Boston? Is there an edition in actual English?

Didn't you buy yourself an e-reader some time ago? If that's the case, you can download it here for free: https://www.monergism.com/human-nature- ... fold-state
Nice site. I have already some titels. But there are more interesting ones. Thans for recommendation.
Wie lege handen heeft, kan ze altijd vouwen.
Herman

Bericht door Herman »

J.C. Philpot schreef:

Thanks a lot. It this edition the whole work or a summary? In my kobo it's only 399 pages, so i think i am missing half of it.
J.C. Philpot

Herman schreef:
J.C. Philpot schreef:

Thanks a lot. It this edition the whole work or a summary? In my kobo it's only 399 pages, so i think i am missing half of it.
The website doesn't mention that it is an abridged version. My Dutch paper-version is 463 pages, so it might be possible that it is the full version. But I'm not 100% sure.

George Whitefield
Plaats reactie