Church walls

Bert Mulder
Contacteer:

Re: Church walls

Bericht door Bert Mulder »

Regarding the URC and the CanRef, I hear that the CanRef is talking about going to the Trinity Psalter Hymnal, which the URC together with the Orthodox Presbyterian Church launched a few years ago. And at least here in the Edmonton Alberta area, ministers of the URC and CanRef are allowed on each others pulpits.

Regarding the URC and the OPC (Orthodox Presbyterian), they held a joint synod that launched the Trinity Psalter Hymnal, and I believe they have full communion, in other words, are sister churches.

Likewise, the OPC has full communion with the Bible Presbyterian Churches, after the BPC had split off in the 1930's. That breach was healed.

Regarding the Heritage Reformed and Free Reformed, while they still are 2 distinct denominations, they share one seminary, the old question of 2 or 3 covenants is no longer an issue, and unless I am mistaken, I believe they do exchange pulpits...
Mijn enige troost is, dat ik niet mijn, maar Jezus Christus eigen ben, Die voor mijn zonden betaald heeft, en zo bewaart, dat alles tot mijn zaligheid dienen moet; waarom Hij mij ook door Zijn Heilige Geest van eeuwig leven verzekert, en Hem voortaan te leven van harte willig en bereid maakt.
gallio

Bericht door gallio »

Bert Mulder schreef:Regarding the URC and the CanRef, I hear that the CanRef is talking about going to the Trinity Psalter Hymnal, which the URC together with the Orthodox Presbyterian Church launched a few years ago. And at least here in the Edmonton Alberta area, ministers of the URC and CanRef are allowed on each others pulpits.

Regarding the URC and the OPC (Orthodox Presbyterian), they held a joint synod that launched the Trinity Psalter Hymnal, and I believe they have full communion, in other words, are sister churches.

Likewise, the OPC has full communion with the Bible Presbyterian Churches, after the BPC had split off in the 1930's. That breach was healed.

Regarding the Heritage Reformed and Free Reformed, while they still are 2 distinct denominations, they share one seminary, the old question of 2 or 3 covenants is no longer an issue, and unless I am mistaken, I believe they do exchange pulpits...
You'd think that psalter usage would not be a major hurdle at this day and age... If all else fails, they can allow each congregation to decide this on their own.

What did the FRC and HRC decide on the number of covenants ?
Canada

Bericht door Canada »

This was agreed upon already back in 2006:

COVENANT OF GRACE
a. The Covenant of Grace is with believers and their children, Christ being its Mediator. Acts 2:39,3:25; Gal. 4:28; Heb. 12:24
b. Our children as members of the Covenant, are subject to its blessings and curses. Gen. 17:7; Ex. 20:2; Deut. 28; Ps. 127:3; Mat. 8:12; Rom. 3:1,2
c. We do not hold to presumptive regeneration, but expectantly plead for the fulfillment of the Covenant promises, which takes place in the way of regeneration, personal repentance and faith in Christ, worked by the Holy Spirit.
d. There are two kinds of Covenant children. All Covenant children possess an external holiness, which becomes internal and soul-saving upon regeneration and conversion. Jer. 9:26; Ezek. 16:20,21; Rom. 9:6,7; 11:18-23; 1 Cor. 7:14
e. It is possible for the Covenant to be broken through disobedience and unbelief. Jer. 31:32; Rom. 10:20,21; Heb. 4:2
f. The Covenant of Grace is founded on and inseparably connected to the Council of Peace or Covenant of Redemption, which is an agreement among the Father, Son and Holy Spirit with regard to the salvation of the elect. Ps. 40, 89
g. The covenant congregation includes believers, but also those who are hypocrites, presumptuous, self-righteous, careless and indifferent, i.e. all, including children, who have not yet come to faith and repentance. Mat. 7:21-23; 25:1-13; Luke 8:4-15; Acts 8:13; Rom. 16:18; 1 Cor. 16:22; 2 Cor. 2:15-17; 13:5;Gal. 4:11; Eph. 4:21; Rev. 3:1
Plaats reactie