Humour

parsifal

Bericht door parsifal »

Oorspronkelijk gepost door lily
Mockers will never get to heaven!!
The doors will be closed for them!!
"But beloved remember ye the words
spoken before of the apostles of our
Lord Jesus Christ; how that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who seperate themselves, sensual, having not the spirit."
Jude 18
I think this quote is not about humour. It is about mocking, where you treat God or men without the respect we ought to give them.
"Then he isn't safe?" said Lucy.
"Safe?" said Mr. Beaver. "Don't you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? "Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."
Robert

Bericht door Robert »

For mockers the same counts as for laughers, they won't get into heaven if not through the One and Only Way, which is Jesus Christ. Mocking for good reasons is a good thing, laughing for good reasons is a good thing.

And mocking about mockers is mocking as well ;)
You should feel sorry for mockers, they carry a weight. Pherhaps they shouldn't carry that, but I have to admit that I feel worse for people who live lightheartly while they don't understand that the weight of their sins is on their shoulders.

But as in every message, it has two messages.
To the 'laughers' this message is: Don't forget that you are a sinner! Don't sin lightheartly and don't live as if nothing's wrong.

To the 'mockers' this message is: Don't forget that Jesus died for your sins! You are free, thank your Savior and live the new Kingdom of Christ as a victor in Jesus Christ!

And hey, don't read each other's messages ;)
memento

Bericht door memento »

Lily, please react on my example of devine humour in the case of Jona and the whale. Or are can't you see the humour of that story (maybe you should try a little bit harder to imagine what it looked like...)

Or can't you see the humour in that the last will be the first, and the first will be the last in the kingdom of heaven?

Or about that Judge (Gidion?) that got thousands of heavely trained soldiers running with just some broken pots.
Plaats reactie