Humour

england

Bericht door england »

There is another topic about that. Unfortunately for you am I too lazy to look up which topic...

Anyway, I do think humour is a healthy thing to have...Also, Solomon says (eccl. 3:4) that there is a time to weep and a time to laugh.
And to be honest, sometimes, the way God sometimes works speaks of irony, and brings a smile on our face...
memento

Bericht door memento »

Well, imagine a perfect world, and then try to make a good joke. What really hits me is that most jokes are about things that aren't th eway they should be, that are more or less imperfect.

But, there's more to laugh then just about jokes. Think about the irony that sometimes shines through in the works of God, as England already mentioned, (think about Jona, he wouldn't listen and the Lord figured out a nice way to get Jona where He wanted him). Thinks about the extreme hapiness we'll have in heaven. Think about the joy Gods presence gives to a believer. I can't think of any good reason why God don't want us to be laughing about a good joke...
england

Bericht door england »

Not so! Yes, Jesus was serious, and like Memento says, there is a difference between joking and a sence of humour.

Do you think Jesus spoiled the wedding in Kana by walking round with the most saddest face ever? And by lamenting? Did He not say that the children of the bridegroom cannot be sad as long as the bridegroom is with them?
england

Bericht door england »

Yes, I think we all agreed with that already. But that doesn't mean to say that you cannot smile!
Refojongere

Bericht door Refojongere »

Dag lily...this is a Dutch forum, so we would like you to talk a little bit Dutch. Otherwise many other people won't discuss with you, because they can't speak English very well.

I want to tell you that there is already a Dutch topic about "Humour". This is the link to it:
http://www.omsionswil.nl/forum2/viewthread.php?tid=3805

Bye bye,
Refojongere
Robert

Bericht door Robert »

I think this is pure humour:
James 2
"If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be [ye] warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what [doth it] profit?"

Of course it's humour with a message. But it's still humour.
Breekijzertje

Bericht door Breekijzertje »

Oorspronkelijk gepost door Refojongere
Dag lily...this is a Dutch forum, so we would like you to talk a little bit Dutch. Otherwise many other people won't discuss with you, because they can't speak English very well.
I spiek Inglish verrie wel......nicht so schnell, aber das komt nog wel.........

Een 'breekje' van Breekijzertje
Plaats reactie